We are Learning.
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.”
–2 Corinthians 12:9
The theme of this year’s Annual Report is “We are Learning.” What makes this theme so appropriate is that it reinforces one of Elim’s core values of being a learning and sharing community. This year’s theme is also appropriate because learning has been such a big part of our lived experience this past year.
Scripture is filled with examples of learning becoming much more effective when circumstances motivate the learner to learn. The adverse circumstances that Abraham, Moses, Job, David, and Paul faced motivated them to learn, and learn they did.
2021, with all the adverse circumstances ushered in by the pandemic, motivated us at Elim to learn, and learn we did.
Here are just a few of the things that we by God’s grace have learned:
• We learned that with all due respect to the great work that we do at Elim, God is in control.
• We learned what an amazing, dedicated, and resilient staff we have at Elim, men and women who do whatever it takes to see that our students and adult participants thrive.
• We learned that while there are so many creative and valid ways to connect, there is no substitute for in-person connecting and learning.
• We learned how resilient and supportive our participants and their caregivers are.
• We learned how to better manage change because we got such a steady stream of it.
• We learned that we are stronger together, and that there are times when together is the only way through.
• We learned that in a year of unprecedented financial headwinds, God faithfully provided for all our needs. Elim’s support base is strong and growing!
As you read through this report, I invite you to be reminded of how good our God is. While the pandemic may have brought us to our knees, it motivated us enough to learn that on our knees is the best place for Elim to be – for all of us to be.
Elim wishes to thank and acknowledge our Memorial and Honor gifts received.
Inside our annual report you will find highlights from the year, stories of connecting, engaging, and thriving, quotes from around the Elim Community, statistics, our Financial Statement, ways to get involved with Elim, and many photos of our incredible year.
It is the Standard of Elim Christian Services to admit children and adults to agency services regardless of race, color, national and ethnic origin, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to agency service recipients. Elim Christian Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered policies. Read Full Disclosure.